Our days of lounging at home in our sweatpants stretch on as many of us start to feel stir-crazy, that doesn’t mean you can’t start getting dressed again! Though the Pavilion shop doors may still be closed, the latest and greatest spring styles from all of our favorite brands are still arriving. Before you know it, we'll all be back outside enjoying the heat and sunshine, so why not get a head start on that spring refresh? In this week's editorial, we are bringing you a fun and fresh fit guide on three new styles from everyone's favorite Japanese denim obsession - Moussy Vintage. Perfect for all who are feeling jean-nostalgic, Moussy delivers new fits and fabrications that we cannot wait to wear - at home or otherwise. Globally known for mastering the softest selvedge and the most beautifully handmade denim, every pair of Moussy jeans are carefully hand crafted and distressed to unique perfection - all in Japan. Although the price tag may be steep, the quality, wear life, and artistry makes these worth every single penny.
Shown above: Krewe Monroe Mystic 24k Black Sunglasses, Moussy Yardley Tapered in Light Blue, Stateside 2x1 Mini Rib Chevron Tank in Black, Golden Goose Slide in Black Glitter with Yellow Pink Star.
- A rigid straight (slightly tapered) ankle crop jean with overt destruction throughout the length of the leg featuring blown out knees and fraying at the hem.
- 100% non-stretch denim finished in a seasonally fresh light- wash bleached-out blue with beautiful vintage-inspired fading throughout.
- Featuring a front rise of 8 ¾" and a 26" inseam, these are a true mid-rise with the optimal ankle crop for those of average height. If you are more petite, the destroyed hem makes it easy to cut them yourself in case you want a more cropped fit. For those who are leggier, these will be cropped and better worn with a high top or fuller coverage shoe.
- The Yardley is very rigid aka no stretch at all! Size up if you’re not used to rigid, be mindful that they may feel tight and stiff but will grow almost a full size and break in overtime.
- We styled our Yardley's with Stateside's 2x1 Mini Rib Chevron Tank in Black and Golden Goose's newest Slide Sneaker in Black Glitter with Yellow Pink Star. We love the easy outfitting of this narrow-cut, buttery soft high neck tank with the light wash denim finished off with a retro sneaker. Simple and elevated combined with a little bit of street style.
Shown above: Moussy Lancaster Skinny in Blue, Anine Bing Lili Walk With Me Tee in Ivory, Golden Goose Superstar in Beige Canvas with Black Star.
- A true blue tapered skinny with a sleek leg featuring intricate and purposeful patched and repaired effect at the knees with subtle paint splatter down the leg. The signature distressed look without any open holes has been supremely popular with the Lancaster.
- These contain a hint of stretch with a fiber content of 99% Cotton and 1% Spandex. The little bit of stretch gives these jeans a closer fit with a softer hand feel. These have some stretch but are intended to fit more like a "rigid stretch." These are heavyweight substantial stretch jeans - do not expect a jegging.
- If you are in-between sizes, size up for a more comfortable fit. Expect your denim to contour with your body over time; take the smallest size you're physically comfortable in. These will grow but not as much as other Moussy rigid or stretch styles.
- With an 8 ½" rise and 26” inseam, these skinnies are a true cropped mid-rise and come up to the lower part of the waist for a flattering curve. These may feel a little bit short on leggier ladies but are the perfect ankle length for petite to average height women.
- We love pairing the Lancaster's with a basic graphic tee and low top sneaker. We went with Anine Bing's Lili Walk With Me Tee in Ivory and Golden Goose's new Superstar in Beige Canvas with Black Star. The blue wash pairs perfectly with a more washed-out color palette for an effortless yet bright look.
Shown above: Krewe Earhart Sunglasses 24k Titanium Platinum, Moussy Camilla Tapered in Light Blue, Amo Scoop Neck Slub Jersey Tee in Blue Indigo Tie Dye, Golden Goose Superstar in White with Gold Star.
- Another true light wash, the Camilla Tapered looks and feels vintage without the addition of holes and destruction. Featuring a button fly closure and subtle color fading at the waist and hem.
- This mid-rise jean is perfect for those looking for a vintage light wash jean but with a cleaner leg and finished hem. This style still feels authentic but without destruction.
- Cut in a 100% cotton rigid denim, these tapered skinnies mold and morph to your body without compromising structure. These are more tapered and skinny than the Yardley and are more stiff. Size up if between sizes, these will break in to be much softer and will grow in size.
- With a rise of 8 ¾", these mid-rise jeans may feel a little lower on those who are slightly longer torsoed. The 27 ½" makes these a longer ankle crop on most. If you’re petite you can opt for a messy single cuff or cut off the hem. These will still be cropped for taller ladies.
- The bleached-out wash of the Camilla's is calling for another vintage-inspired outfit! We had to follow suit and go with a tee sneaker combo. We love the tonal color play we are getting by pairing our denim with Amo's Scoop-Neck Slub Jersey Tee in Blue Indigo Tie Dye. Finish everything off with a classic white sneaker with a twist - we love the subtle shine that Golden Goose's Superstar in White with Gold Star brings to this look.